Both the exterior and interior of your rental property say a lot about the kind of landlord you are as well as the kind of tenants you desire to attract and retain. After all, both attracting new tenants and retaining current ones can sometimes be a challenge especially for inexperienced landlords. Moreover, an attractive property helps to reduce turnover rates and maximize profit. So, if you are a landlord who is looking for ways to enhance your property, here are some things that can help you do just that no matter what kind of schedule or budget you’re on.
- Paint: A fresh coat of paint can be truly transformative when it comes to a property you wish to spruce up. The good thing about painting your apartment complex is that it is relatively inexpensive compared to other methods of enhancing your complex.
- Landscaping: Everyone loves lush, beautiful scenery but the one thing apartment dwellers love the most is that they do not have to keep up with the care of the grounds around there units. This is where you come in. You can beautify a bare property by hiring the right landscapers to plant lovely plants, trees, bushes, etc. A well trimmed lawn is also very appealing to prospective tenants.
- Windows: Think not just in terms of simply cleaning the windows of your apartment units. Consider installing blinds, storm windows, etc., to truly add value to your property.
- Keep up with repairs and maintenance: When it comes to keeping existing tenants – which is, after all, cheaper than attracting new tenants – there is nothing that sours them more than a landlord who will not attend to their repair needs. Perform regular maintenance and spare yourself costly repairs down the road.
- Kitchen & Bath renovation: Many people consider these two as the most important rooms in any home. They are certainly highly scrutinized by apartment shoppers. Make sure that your cabinets are structurally sound; that you have up-to-date appliances installed and that the flooring in your bathtub is clean and free of defects.
Yes, it’s all about retaining valued customers and attracting new quality customers to your property who will someday be proud to call your units home. For tenant management in the inner loop of Corpus, we can help you with other strategies that will help you decrease turnover. Property management in the inner loop can be complicated so let us help.